When is the last day to request an absentee ballot application?
- Voting by mail - not an official date, just in time for it to be received by Clerk's Office by 4/30
- Traveling Board - Monday, May 7th by noon
*to be sent to them by mail - request must be received by midnight 4/30
*to be sent to them by e-mail or fax - request must be rec’d by noon 5/07
**request for absentee ballot application may be received by mail, email (scanned copy of completed application attached), or fax
When must my absentee ballot application be received by Clerk to be processed in time to receive a ballot in the mail?
- Voting Absentee Ballot by mail - if mailed, e-mailed, hand delivered or faxed, Monday April 30th by 11:59 pm (before midnight)
- Delivery by Traveling Board - by noon Monday May 7th
- Military/Overseas - by midnight April 30th if ballot to be mailed or by noon May 7th if requesting to vote by e-mail or fax
When must my ballot be received by Clerk to be processed in time to be counted?
- Voting by mail - Mail received on election day May 8
- Military/Overseas - postmarked by the date of the election, 5/08 and received by noon 10 days following the election, if mailed. If e-mailed or faxed the ballot must be received in time for the ballot to be delivered to the appropriate precinct, generally 12:00 noon on Election Day.
When is absentee voting in Clerk’s office?
- Absentee voting occurs in the Clerk's Office located in the Courthouse at 300 N. Capitol Avenue.
- Begins April 10th at 8:00 am until 4:30 pm Monday through Friday* (closes 1/2 hour from 12:00-12:30 for lunch) *Thursday April 26th and Thursday May 3rd 8:00 am until 6:00 pm, closing from 12:00-12:30 for lunch)
- Also Saturday April from 8:00 am until 3:00 pm (no lunch break)
- Also Saturday May 5th from 8:00 am until 3:00 (no lunch break)
- Absentee voting in Clerk’s office ceases at noon Monday May 7th
When is the last possible time to register to vote?
- By mail - envelope holding registration must be postmarked by April 9th
- Hand-delivered - to Clerk’s office by close of business (4:30) April 9th
- At BMV - close of business on April 9th
- Via IndianaVoters.com - prior to midnight on April 9th
- Military or Overseas - April 9th but deadline for county to receive registration application is extended to noon, May 8th. There are exceptions, see Military & Overseas Voters Guide.