In Person Voting
Absentee Ballot Voting Common Questions
When is the last day to request an absentee ballot application?
- Voting by Mail - Request must be received by midnight 4/21/22
- Traveling Board - Request must be received by noon on 5/2/22
- To be sent to them by mail - request must be received by midnight 4/21/22
- To be sent to them by e-mail or fax - request must be rec’d by noon 5/2/22
**Request for absentee ballot application may be received by mail, email (see absentee ballot application below), or fax.
When must my absentee ballot application be received by Clerk to be processed in time to receive a ballot in the mail?
- Voting Absentee Ballot by mail - If mailed, e-mailed, hand delivered or faxed, Thursday, April 21st by 11:59 pm (before midnight)
- Delivery by Traveling Board - Monday, May 2nd by noon
- Military/Overseas - Before Thursday, April 21st by 11:59 pm if ballot to be mailed / Before Monday, May 2nd by 11:59 am if requesting to vote by e-mail or fax
When must my ballot be received by Clerk to be processed in time to be counted?
- Voting by mail Mail received on election day May 3rd
- Military/Overseas Postmarked by the date of the election, May 3rd, and received by noon 10 days following the election, if mailed. If e-mailed or faxed the ballot must be received in time for the ballot to be delivered to the appropriate precinct, generally 12:00 noon on Election Day
When is absentee voting in Clerk’s office?
- Begins Tuesday, April 5th at 9:00 am until 4:00 pm (no breaks for lunch any day)
- Monday through Friday 9:00 am until 4:00 pm
- Closed Friday, April 15 – Good Friday
- Thursday, April 21st - 9:00 am until 7:00 pm
- Thursday, April 28th - 9:00 am until 7:00 pm
- Saturday, April 23rd - 8:00 am until 3:00 pm
- Saturday, April 30th - 8:00 am until 3:00 pm
Absentee voting in Clerk’s office ceases at noon Monday May 2nd (9:00 to noon)
When is the last possible time to register to vote?
- By mail--envelope holding registration must be postmarked by April 4th
- Hand-delivered—to Clerk’s office by close of business (4:30) April 4th
- At BMV - April 4th / Call 888-692-6841 / BMV is open 5/3 for ID’s only
- Via IndianaVoters.in.gov –prior to midnight on April 4th
- Military or Overseas—April 25th but deadline for county to receive registration application is extended to noon, May 3rd. There are exceptions, see Military & Overseas Voters Guide.
First day the Traveling Board can go out: Thursday, April 14
Absentee Ballot by Mail
Voters must complete the application, including a signature, print it and mail it to:
300 N. Capitol Ave.
Corydon, IN 47112
Election Day Voting
See the information below to determine where you will need to go on election day to cast your vote. Please be sure to bring identification with you to the election polling site. You will need to bring your Driver’s License or other State or Federal Government issued photo ID to your polling location. This ID must contain your photo, your name and an expiration date that is current or expired after the most recent General Election. For more information on valid photo ID’s please visit www.photoID.in.gov
If you need to confirm your voting precinct please view the voting precinct map by clicking on the graphic below.
Updated Polling sites as of April 19th, 2022