The Harrison County Clerk’s Office can assist you by appointment in the process to request a passport. A passport book is an internationally recognized travel document that verifies the citizenship and identity of the bearer. A valid U.S. passport book may be used by U.S. citizens and/or nationals to travel by any means to any international travel destination. Only the U.S. Department of State has the authority to grant, issue or verify United States passports. Our Acceptance Agents will assist you in the application process.
Travel.state.gov is the official website for the U.S. Department of State-Bureau of Consular Affairs and has excellent information regarding:
- What to bring when you come to apply for a passport for the first time
- What to bring when you are applying for a child
- What to bring when applying for, or as, a 16-17-year-old
- How to renew a passport
- Submitting an acceptable photo. The Clerk’s Office does not provide photo services on-site and cannot recommend a passport photo services provider. Settle for nothing less than a quality photo as the Passport Agency has very strict guidelines regarding size and image specifications.
- Current processing times for routine and expedited service
- International travel tips and warnings
- Current fees (The Clerk’s Office does not accept cash or credit card for the fee payable to the U.S. Dept. of State, but does accept cash or credit card for the separate execution fee payable to the Clerk’s office. Personal checks are the preferred form of payment and you should have sufficient checks to attach one to each application and pay for the execution fee.)
- Once you have completed your application, please call our office to schedule your appointment (Monday - Friday). You may also ask any questions at this time.
Applications filled out prior to arrival at the Clerk’s Office may be rejected if they:
- Are not in black ink (they should be hand-written in black ink or typed)
- Not the latest version of the form
- Contain errors that have been whited-out or covered over
You can complete a printable application online, but remember you must bring it to an Acceptance Facility to be executed (unless it is a renewal). Visit travel.state.gov to begin, and for answers to all your international travel and passport questions.
For additional information please visit the United States State Department Travel Website by clicking on the link below.